Friday 22 August 2014

Oddities and Entities



                Oddities and Entities is a collection of stories about all things that are strange and weird. In fact, I don’t think I could have ever have come up with some of the ideas that the author, Roland Allnach, presented in this anthology. It’s these strange and odd ideas that made me enjoy this book as much as I did. There are none of the usual witches and fairies that are scattered throughout most books these days. Instead there is a lady who can see through flesh to a person’s bones, a creepy vampire-like brother and sister duo, and, my favorite, Grey, a slimy snot-like thing that resides inside one character’s head until it comes out and creates chaos. Needless to say, all of the stories are entertaining and a lot of fun to read. The characters are definitely different and intriguing and the storylines keep the reader wanting to read more so they can find out exactly what is going on. The editing and formatting worked perfectly on my ereader. The stories moved along fluidly and made me not want to put the book down. The cover, although not particularly eye-catching, centers the title well which is what made me choose to read it in the first place. Overall, this is a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment