Thursday 2 October 2014

Murder By the Dozen



                If you’re a fan of Agatha Christie, and I am, you are sure to take an interest in Murder by the Dozen. Reminiscent of Christie’s mystery And Then There Were None, Murder by the Dozen is set on an oil tanker where the twelve person crew is being killed off one by one. Enter detective Jan Kokk who is tricked into sailing with the crew by beautiful security officer Kathlee so that he can find the murderer. I enjoyed the book and found it to be a good old fashioned mystery that doesn’t involve blood and gore but is still fast paced. The main characters are interesting and there is lots of information about how a tanker operates that I found to be interesting. My only criticism would be that there are so many minor characters who are suspects that I found it hard to keep them all sorted in my head. The book worked well on my ereader, both editing and the format. The cover and title is what originally drew me in because I am a sucker for any murder set on a ship. This is definitely a great read for those looking for a good old fashioned “whodunit”.

No comments:

Post a Comment