Friday 18 September 2015

A Mystical Bond for Two - David Parker, Mary Jo Parker



                Let me start this by saying I first took an interest in this book because of the cover. I thought it would be something my young niece would be interested in but as I read the synopsis I found it was a book for older readers. The cover, for me, was a bit misleading because of the cartoon-like character on it. Although a very attractive cover it is a book more for young adults or older readers than the cover portrays. Upon reading what the book was about, I decided to try it anyway because of my interest in the fantasy genre. The authors have created an entertaining and well thought out world of pixies. It’s very detailed, right down to describing the bath house that the main character, Gennick, and his father go to while working far from home. The story involves Gennick and his bond of love for his betrothed, Lieta May, and how they discovered this bond, overcoming obstacles along the way. The story itself didn’t hold my interest as I found there wasn’t enough action or adventure to keep me entertained. However the description of the pixie world kept me reading. The style of writing is one I liked so with a bit more adventure I think I would have enjoyed this book. I read the digital version of this book and it formatted well to my ereader. There are a few versions of the cover and the version I had was the one with Lieta May.

No comments:

Post a Comment