Tuesday 6 October 2015

Texas Chainsaw Masochist - Markus Fredericks



                It’s not hard to tell that Markus Fredericks, the author of this book, writes movies because that is exactly how this book reads. The editing is questionable by places, there a few misspelled words, and it often seemed like the author closed his eyes and added commas wherever his pen fell. Having said all that, if you can read this book and picture it in your head like a movie then it is quite enjoyable. It reminds me of those B-grade movies that are cult classics with special effects that make you laugh and love it at the same time. Texas Chainsaw Masochist is the story of how a sadistic serial killer came to be a monster. Todd Waddington is that serial killer and within the first few paragraphs of the book when his puppy is horribly killed I was pretty much in agreement for how he dealt with the situation. Of course he has a few mental issues as well but the guy really got the bad end of most situations. The book is extremely gory, probably the bloodiest I’ve ever read and, in my opinion, quite that much gore wasn’t necessary to make a good story. I would have liked to have read more about Todd’s life outside of the killing but I guess if this is to be a horror movie someday (which it should be) than the audience wants lots of gore. I read this book on my ereader and it formatted well and the cover was enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment