Wednesday 19 August 2015

Among Wolves - R.A. Hakok



                Every once in a while I pick up a book and know within the first few paragraphs that I’m going to love it. Among Wolves: A Children of the Mountain Novel is one of those kind of books and I’m happy to say the first book in one of many in the series, I hope. It opens with an event thirteen days in the future and then moves back in time to tell the story of how Earth has become the cold waste land it now is, seemingly only inhabited by a small group of teenagers and a few adults. The story is told through the viewpoint of one of the teenagers, Gabriel, who stumbles upon something that drastically changes his outlook of his current situation. I loved this book and read it in a couple of days. There is lots of action, a bit of romance, and an entertaining mystery, so there is a little something for everyone. It is a book for young adults but, as with many YA books today, appropriate for any age. The characters are well written, both interesting and believable in their actions. Gabriel is likeable and had me cheering him on in the end. I can’t wait to read the next installment in this series. The only thing I was not impressed with was the cover which I didn’t find particularly eye-catching. I read this as a digital download and it formatted well to my ereader.

No comments:

Post a Comment