Thursday 12 November 2015

Dark Shadow of Babylon - Julian Speed



                Dark Shadow of Babylon is a suspenseful horror novel set in both the past and present. It starts in 61 A.D. in a camp of Roman soldiers who are intent on ruling Britannia and destroying everything and everyone in their path. An evil shadow being terrorizes the encampment but is finally entombed until centuries later, in 2012, an archaeological dig releases the evil know as Thaddeus. One of the people who accidentally releases him sets out for the States where he and a motley group of people must stop Thaddeus’s murderous rampage. There are a lot of characters and, although well written, it became a bit confusing. I really didn’t become invested in the story until about half way through the book and then I found myself unable to put it down. It is a complex story and at times maybe a bit too intricate. The book is meant for ages twelve to eighteen but I think an older audience may enjoy it more. However, since the writing is so good it is well worth sorting out the characters, especially since it appears this is the first book in a series. I will definitely be looking for book two.  I read this on my ereader and it formatted well and the cover will definitely draw in the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment