Saturday 7 November 2015

Three Noisy Chickens to the Rescue - Diane Pike



                Three Noisy Chickens to the Rescue is a fun children’s book that is sure to delight small children. It is the story of three little chickens who enjoy coming out to play no matter the weather, including deep snow. When the family’s little dog goes missing it’s up to the three chickens to find him. The story is humorous and my niece laughed and giggled when I read what had happened to the little dog. The illustrations are colourful and pleasing to the eye. The writing is appropriate for young children and contains vocabulary they will understand. It is also a good book for beginner readers to practice their reading skills. I read my copy on my ereader and although it formatted well I would prefer a printed copy as I think children would enjoy actually holding the book. The cover, like all of the illustrations, is colourful and eye-catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment